Keep your current phone number – it's easy!
Switch today and become part one of the nation's most reliable SIP Trunking networks. We give you the ability to maintain the same phone number even upon changing from your existing service provider. Porting your existing phone numbers gives you all of the features and benefits of our services, without having to change any of your advertising or the number your customers use to call you. We can port (transfer) any toll-free number and most local numbers to our network. In addition, we can provide you with a temporary phone number while your number is being moved.
Number Transfer - Frequently Asked Questions
I want to transfer my current number to IP Communications. What do I do?
- To begin, let us know what number you wish to have transferred, and we will check to see if that number is transferable.
- Once we have verified that your phone number is transferable, simply download and fill-out our Local Number Porting form detailing your name, service address, and billing telephone number and return it to us to continue your transfer request.
- Once the request has been processed, you will be notified via email of all status changes.
Does it cost anything to transfer my current number?
It depends on the type of service you purchase. Pricing will be detailed on individual product pages.
Do you offer volume discounts for transfers?
Yes. Just speak with your IPComms support representative, and provide the quantity of numbers that will need to be transferred, and the service locations of the numbers. We will provide you with a quote for your volume LNP request.
How long does it take to transfer my number?
Transferring a phone number to IPComms typically takes 5 to 10 business days. However it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks depending on the service location, and the releasing carriers response time.
Transfer time will depending greatly on the accuracy of the information you provide, so be sure to fill out your LNP request form as accurately and completely as possible to avoid delays.
Can I transfer my toll free number?
Yes. We can transfer local, toll free and in some cases international phone numbers.
Is it possible to transfer an international number to IPComms?
Yes, it is possible. It will depend on the country the number belongs to as well as the carrier that will be releasing the phone number.
Are there any restrictions in transferring my number to IP Communications?
- Your current account must be active and in good standing with your existing provider. There may not be a line freeze or a pending order on your existing phone.
- You will need to provide IP Communications with the exact Name, Service Address, and Billing Telephone Number (BTN) on record with your current provider, including any capitalization, punctuation and/or abbreviations.
- The number you are transferring must be within IP Communications’ service area.
What happens if a number can't be transferred?
- If we cannot transfer your number you may elect to get a new number in your area or elsewhere.
- There are several reasons that may cause a failure to your transfer request. Here are some more common problems:
- Number is not within our service area for transfers
- Name and Address mismatch or invalid - Your number information must match exactly what your previous carrier has on their Record. If it does not match exactly, they will reject our request.
- Billing Telephone Number is incorrect - Your Billing Telephone Number must match exactly what your previous carrier has on their bill. If it does not match exactly, they will reject our request.